Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Makynlee dealing with Jake's death

Wow, Makynlee dealing with Jake's death has been hard. How do you comfort such a small soul and make the pain go away? She has really struggled this month, on a daily basis. I don't know if it's the holidays or what, but it sure has been hard to watch my precious little girl go through it. I've really tried to be open with her and talk about it as much as she wants, but it's a difficult thing for a 5 year old to grasp. I've told her to try and remember the good times with her dad, that he wouldn't want her to be sad when she thinks of him. That he's in a better place now.
I am definitely grateful for Cole right now. He is an amazing father to her and she has really clung onto him. Even more so lately, she doesn't want him to leave her side. Cole's father passed away the same way when he was Makynlee's age. So he can relate and comfort her in ways that I never can. It will be such a blessing (which is bad to say) in the years to come when it gets really hard. So I guess all I can do now is hold her when she cries and hope for the day when it's not so painful.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brandy I'm so glad you have a blog I miss seeing you and your family. Your little girls are getting so big and are as cute as ever. I'm going to add you to my friend list so I can keep in touch hope that is alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay yes, I am sure you can see on your traffic feed that it is really late...all the girls just left from scrapbooking and of course I am checking my blog!!! I think you are doing an awesome job with your blog. Your girls are adorable...i can't believe how long Asia's hair is...it looks so so cute! I am so sorry that Makynlee is having such a hard time...I can't even imagine. How awesome that Cole can relate and comfort her...what an ironic coinsidence. He seems like a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy you are amazing! My heart sank when I heard about Jake and my first thought was Makynlee.

    ReplyDelete