Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We're off for surgery!

Makynlee had a doctors appointment on Tuesday with Scott Justesen in Price. By the way, he is an excellent doctor. We had to go get more x-rays at the hospital. We were a little shocked when he said that she would need surgery and have a couple pins put in her elbow. We were told when it happened that there was a slim chance she would need surgery, that it was just an automatic referral to an orthopedic surgeon because of the kind of break it was. So we were just expecting to have a cast put on yesterday. Anyways, she has surgery scheduled for Thursday at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake. Makynlee is pretty upset about it. She just keeps saying "No more doctors, please mom." It's so sad!! Thanks everyone for your concerns and I let ya know how it goes.

5 comments:

  1. Ooohhh!!! Poor thing! This has gotta be so hard for her! Our prayers are with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck...I could not believe it when Carisa told me about the pins...How sad!!! I know she will do great though...she is a tough little missy and even though it is not fun, she will do great!!! We will pray for her too...and the Doc's that everything will go perfect...good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That is to bad. How sad to not be able to swim at her party ):

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandy, Your blog makes me cry everytime I read it. They are so good but yet some of them are so sad. I didn't know that about Makynlee! How sad. It's so sad to see little kids in pain when you can't do anything about it except hold them. Well i hope everything goes well. I will keep reading to see the updates on what happens. Good Luck! Love ya!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so bad for her. That is so sad. How long will you be at Primary Children's? Austin has another appointment on Monday. Maybe we will see you there. Good Luck with that!! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete