Thursday, March 12, 2009

My poor little girl!

We had a little bit of a late morning yesterday. I had just laid Asia down for a nap at 10:30 and decided I better hurry and get in the shower. After I told Makynlee to get dressed that her clothes were on the edge of my bed and started to brush my teeth. Thats when I heard a big thud and Makynlee screaming bloody murder. I went to her and she started yelling "I broke my arm, I broke my arm." It looked fine to me so I told her that she was fine and to be brave. I soon realized that there has something wrong. Every time she moved she started screaming in pain. So I called the clinic to see if they could get us in. She said we had to hurry and just come in. Which none of us were ready. We looked great rushing into the clinic, let me tell ya.

I felt so bad for her. It was really painful for her to get the x-ray's. I had to hold her arm and hand down so she wouldn't move while they took them since her arm was shaking from the pain. After about the fourth x-ray she told me, "mom I thinks it's better can we please just go home, I'm sure it will fine when we get home. Please no more." It was so sad. She ended up getting six x-rays that determined that she had a fracture across her whole bone right above her elbow on the back of her growth plate. So they put on a splint and sling and we have to see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday.
She's so emotional about it. It's hard. She just keeps thinking about all the things she can't do now. This morning she said, "Mom if I pray and tell Jesus that I wish it was just a dream, will it come true." The really sad part is that her Birthday is on Saturday at the new Castle Dale swimming pool. She can't even go swimming at her own party.
Maybe next time she'll listen when her mom's told her a million times to stop playing on her bed or she's going to fall and break her head.
I'll keep ya posted and let ya know what the surgeon says.
Asia giving Makynlee loves. She's always so concerned when her sister cries. She been hugging and kissing her non stop since it happened.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh my goodness!!!!!!!!!! That is so heart breaking, poor thing!!! I hope she'll be okay! Update for sure! Is she in a cast? My thoughts are with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. I feel so bad for her! I know what it is like to brake your arm. Hopefully she won't have to have surgery. I'm sure it has been hard for you too! We will hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete