Saturday, March 21, 2009

Surgery Update

We left on Wednesday night for Primary Children's since her surgery was scheduled for Thursday morning.We stayed at the Plaza. The swimming pool was closed but we were able to hang out in the hot tub.

The staff at Primary's are amazing. They had a special nurse come and just talk to her about what was going to happen. She had pictures of the doctor's that were going to be in the operating room with her and pictures of the rooms she would be going to. She gave her a hospital doll to color on. They just went out of their way to make sure she wasn't scared when they took her back.
The surgery went good. They put two pins in her elbow and splint it for now. Makynlee had a little bit of a rough time when she woke up. She was in a lot of pain but every time they would give her more pain medicine her oxygen went way down. They were able to get the pain and oxygen under control and after about three hours in the recovery room we were able to go home.
They let her ride out in this wagon. She has had a hard time with the pain medicine. It makes her very grumpy and a little mean but I think she's getting use to it and it's getting better. She's still in a lot of pain so I had to call Primary Children's for another prescription. She keeps saying "mom there's something stuck in my skin under my cast and it hurts really bad." I hate that she can feel the pins in her arm. I feel so bad for her.
We have an appointment on Thursday where they'll take more x-rays. If everything looks ok then they can take out the pins and cast it. They weren't able to cast it yet because of the swelling.
Thank you mom and dad for watching Asia for us so we could put all our attention on Makynlee. We really appreciate all the calls, visits and prayers from everyone. Thank You!!

7 comments:

  1. I missed you at scrapbooking but am glad to see that this ordeal will hopefully be over soon!!! Poor thing! And she can feel the pins!? YIKES!!! Are they there forever? Will they remove them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that she had to go through that. My little girl has to have surgery on the 6th of April and I am scared to death. I hate to think about the poor little things not quite understanding everything that is happening. Anyway I am glad to see that everything went well.
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry she had to go through all that. Its so sad to see them in pain and cant do anything to help it go away. It even makes it worse that the medicine they gave her made her like that. We missed you in Moab, we had a good time but I wish you could of came. I dont blame you at all for staying though. We will for sure have to do it again soon !! I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I feel so bad that she can feel the pins that is awful!!! I hope she gets feeling better really soon! she is so sweet...what a hard thing for such a little girl. Hey I will try and call you in the next few days to talk insurance if that is okay???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Your little girls are so BEAUTIFUL. I love the picture of them at the top of your blog. Sounds like you have had a rough week. Poor little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow!! That is so sad! Poor little girl!!! Will they remove the pins or can she feel them forever!! Poor thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PCMC is GREAT! I'm glad the surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete